Formed on 1 July 2002, the National Environment Agency (NEA) is the leading public organization responsible for improving and sustaining a clean and green environment in Singapore. The NEA develops and spearheads environmental initiatives and programmes through its partnership with the People, Public and Private sectors. It is committed to motivating every individual to take up environmental ownership and to care for the environment as a way of life.
You will look into the coastal and inland water quality monitoring programmes and assist in the setting up of a continuous telemetric water quality monitoring system for the coastal and marine waters of Singapore.
By protecting Singapore's resources from pollution, maintaining a high level of public health and providing timely meteorological information, the NEA endeavours to ensure sustainable development and a quality living environment for present and future generations.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Oversee the inland and coastal water monitoring programmes
• Take charge of a comprehensive water quality database for the inland and coastal waters
• Assist in the operation of the department’s continuous water quality monitoring network.
• Be part of a team to undertake water quality modelling studies and other work related to the forecasting of water quality in the coastal and marine environment.
• Review international and country specific guidelines, standards and criteria related to coastal and inland water quality
• Track international conventions pertaining to the coastal and marine environment
• Review environmental impact assessment study related to water quality
• Undertake a broad range of projects related to water quality
• Provide technical representation at international, regional and national forums
• Masters or degree in a field related to water quality monitoring and assessment
• Preferably with at least 1 year experience in water quality monitoring and assessment
• Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team is essential
• Excellent writing skills
• Good presentation and negotiation skills
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email to Friends | Save This Job | View Similar Jobs | View Salary Report | Report Advertisement | Close