Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Do you have what it takes to shape the future of Asia?
We are seeking passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individuals who are driven towards performance excellence. As a leading bank in Asia-Pacific, we offer you challenges and opportunities to meet your career aspirations. At UOB, we are dedicated to making a big impression in the region. As a team, we know we will make a difference and shape Asia's future.
Join us. Take up the challenge as we make our mark in Asia.
Trade & Remittance Operations - Export Team Lead (Ref:326/0413/IC)
TROC handles a full range of trade financing and remittance services, namely Import, Export and Remittance for our customers from many diverse industries. The key products and services are Letters of Credit of Issuance, Import Bills Settlement, Inward Bills for Collection, Shipping Guarantee, Trust Receipt, Invoice Financing, Performance/Banker’s Guarantee, Letters of Credit Advising/Confirmation, Letter of Credit Transfer, Export Negotiation, Export Documentary Collections, Factoring, Inward and Outward Remittance and Foreign Cheque Collection.
As an Export Team Lead, you will report to the Head of Export. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and supervise the day to day operations of Letter of Credit Advising, Confirmation, Transfer and Negotiation and Factoring.
- Responsible for checking Export documents against LC terms and conditions.
- Review and approve daily transactions.
- Ensure transactions are processed within SLA.
- Attend to and provide technical advice and support to Business Units and customers.
- Work with business units to formalize procedures for new products.
- Conduct training on Trade products to internal staff and colleagues.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures for Department Head’s approval.
- A recognized Degree in Banking with at least 5 to 10 years of Trade experience and familiar with LC documentation, collection and factoring knowledge.
- Must be well versed with systems such as UCP600, ISBP, URR, ISP 98 and URC.
- Strong knowledge of MAS/ regulatory requirements as well as general banking operations in Singapore.
- Sound leadership with good analytical and problem solving skills.
An attractive remuneration package, which commensurate with qualifications and experience, will be offered to the successful candidate.