What's it like to be a Python Developer?
A Python Developer builds, debugs, and implements applications by coding with Python, a programming language. As part of their role, Python Developers may write server-side web application logic, which allows applications to be integrated with third-party web services. Python Developers may also support Front-End Developers with backend integration.
Tasks and duties
- Writing scalable and effective code with Python.
- Testing and debugging applications as needed.
- Integrating user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Prioritising client feature requests.
- Developing back-end components.
- Supporting Front-End Developers.
- Increasing functionality by working on existing databases.
Aspiring Python Developers may want to pursue a degree related to software development, computer engineering, or programming such as computer science, computer engineering, or another similar program.
Obtain a four-year or five-year bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another similar program.
Intern at IT (information technology) or software development companies to develop your skills and build good relationships within a business.
Gain years of experience working in a software or application development company.