What's it like to be a Managing Director?
Managing Director is a senior position within a company. They make key decisions that ensure a company’s performance is high and operations are efficient. This can involve creating business plans and strategies. They work with stakeholders inside and outside a business to ensure its vision is achieved. In some cases, they may have a more hands-on role within a business’ day-to-day operations. Managing Directors typically have extensive leadership experience and can work in almost any industry.
Tasks and duties
- Overseeing the daily operations of a company.
- Directing the workflow, distribution and training of employees.
- Allocating resources to the right areas in a company.
- Overseeing the training and development of staff.
- Preparing business plans and proposals.
- Ensuring the company is on track to meeting its goals and objectives.
- Advising members of the board on major business decisions.
- Maximising revenue flows and minimising company costs.
- Representing the company in important communication channels.
How to become a Managing Director
Managing Directors in Singapore require a degree and years of experience.
Complete a bachelor degree in business, business administration, management or a related field.
Gain experience by undertaking an internship or on-the-job training in your desired industry. Many years of experience leading people and processes is required to enter this role.
Consider completing a relevant masters degree to further your knowledge and skills.